If your Bravia TV remote control suddenly fails to work after you had settled down for a Netflix entertainment experience, then you need not fret. Just like any other electronic or battery-operated device, a TV remote control can stop working any time for whatever reasons. If your Bravia TV remote control has stopped working for no known cause, read on to learn how to fix it at home by yourself.
Sony Bravia TV Remote Not Working: Finding & Fixing The Problem
First of all, you should determine if the problem is actually with the Bravia TV remote. With your smartphone, you can check whether or not the problem stems from the IR sensor. To know this for sure, you can follow the following steps:
- Switch on your smartphone’s camera.
- Point the remote at the smartphone’s camera, and press any button on the remote. If you see a beam flash in the camera, this means that your remote control is working fine.
In this case, the problem may be from some other factor. You’ll need to take two quick steps:
- Clear any obstructions from the IR receiver on the television.
- Shorten the distance between the remote and the TV.
But if no beam is seen in your smartphone camera, then the problem is definitely with your Bravia TV remote. If so, then you should apply the following steps to see if any changes might occur:
- Make sure that none of the buttons on the Bravia TV remote is stuck.
- The battery terminals on the remote control may be dirty and cleaned. Remove the batteries and clean the terminals with a dry cotton bud or with a cotton bud dipped in isopropyl alcohol before replacing the batteries.
- Remove the batteries, wait for one minute, and then replace them in the correct -/+ polarity.
- If the step above does not still work, you may need a new set of batteries.
- Restart the TV by unplugging it for 60 seconds (or 2 minutes for Android TVs) before plugging it back in. Alternatively, for Android TVs, press and hold the power button on the remote control for 5 seconds to reset it.
If the problem is with the TV remote and none of these solutions helped, you might consider purchasing a new Bravia TV remote. But if this fails again, the most likely culprit might be the Bravia TV itself. In that case, you can confirm through the following steps:
- Verify that the TV’s buttons are operable.
- Confirm that the power source is turned on and that all cables are connected before checking the lamp (power lamp/standby lamp) on the front/bottom of the TV.
- If the light isn’t turning on, make sure the power cable or AC adaptor isn’t broken or loose.
- Restart the TV by pressing the power button.
- If the problem is caused by an external factor, such as a network service, data broadcasting, or a connected computer, resetting your TV can help.
As a side note, you should remember to remove all other equipment in order to ensure that there aren’t any external influences affecting the TV’s performance. However, do not disconnect the power cable from the television. If there are any complicated links, note them and double-check that you can reassemble them before removing them.
If there is still a problem after all these, you might need to service your Bravia TV to get it back in working condition. Hopefully, this content was able to help you fix your Bravia TV remote control. So you should sit back and enjoy your renewed entertainment experience.