Have you ever found yourself in a situation where your TV doesn’t respond to the remote control buttons? Every TV owner has had this experience in the past. The good news is that whenever you experience such a challenge, there are simple steps to fix the problem.
If your Hisense TV remote control has been acting up, follow the steps outlined in this write-up to get your remote control functional again.
Hisense TV Remote Not Working: Likely Reasons
- The remote control might be an old model.
- The batteries might be weak and depleted.
- Accumulation of dust and dirt.
- Internal technical damage.
The top three reasons are very common among TV users. However, the fourth reason could be explored after you have tried fixing up the first three without getting any positive results.
How to Fix a Faulty Hisense TV remote
- Remove the batteries from the remote.
- Ensure you unplug the TV from the wall socket.
- Wait for 60 seconds and plug back your TV.
- Switch on your TV and insert your batteries back into the remote control.
- Try using the remote again to test if it is working.
If you have tried this and it doesn’t work, you might need to go over this process again, maybe once or twice. After you are convinced this step did not work, then you can move on to the next step.
- Take the batteries out of the remote control again.
- Press every button on the remote control over and over again.
- The purpose of this is to free up the buttons by removing dust and dirt that must have accumulated in them over time. Doing this will free up the buttons that might have been stuck.
This is very effective if the buttons are not responsive to commands when you press them. Freeing up dust particles that must have settled in them will ensure the buttons work again. Try switching on your TV and use the remote control to see if it is working again. If this doesn’t work, you might want to explore another step that requires a bit of technicality.
- Try to carefully open the case of the remote control and explore the internal parts.
- Check the motherboard closely. If there is a liquid substance found on it, then the motherboard needs cleaning.
- Use soft wool and alcohol to clean the surface of the motherboard and ensure you dry it well.
- You can choose to also wash the buttons and case to remove the dirt hiding in them.
- After washing, place it under a dryer or fan to remove any form of moisture in the remote parts.
- Once all the parts are well dried, put the remote control back together.
Once you have gone through all these steps, try using remote and check the results.
If you have tried all these fixes and you have not gotten your desired results, it means you might need to change your batteries. If there are no improvements after this, then you should request a new remote control. You can also contact the Hisense customer care and ask them to either fix or replace the remote control.