Before you head out your door with the warranty, check out our detailed guide on how to connect JBL headphones carefully and properly.
JBL headphones are one of the most popular and sought-after audio devices because of their excellent sound quality and functionality —which does great justice to their price. From the brand’s earbuds to over-ear headphones, these and other variants are made suitable for both wired and Bluetooth connectivity.
No matter how many times you try and make it work, pairing JBL earbuds becomes a daunting task.
Inconvenience can and does happen. Some connectivity issues may arise unexpectedly and pairing JBL headphones at that point can be frustrating.
Read More: JBL Headphone Not Charging: How to Fix It
Some of the headphones from JBL are wired and are easily plugged into devices built with AUX input, or the headphone jack. On the other hand, if you’ve just newly bought a wireless headset, you can connect and pair JBL headphones to the following devices:
- LaptopsDesktop PCs
- Mobile smartphones
- Or other Bluetooth-ready devices.
How To Put JBL Headphones In Pairing Mode
JBL headphones are a widely known brand of audio equipment that have been proven to be reliable in excellence and quality. Additionally, JBL has progressed with their line of headphones with many impressive features, including Alexa and Google integration and extended battery life at a reasonable price. Pairing JBL headphones with your device is as simple as it does as long as you have turned on Bluetooth for both, and within range. This should only take a few seconds.
Where Is The Pairing Button On JBL Headphones?
If you have just bought a new model of JBL headphone or have owned a pair of wired ones with Bluetooth, simply go over the User’s Manual and carefully read the diagram to locate where the pairing button is. If you don’t have the manual anymore, just look for the row of tiny buttons that can be found near the headphones, and there you’ll be able to find the Bluetooth pairing button.
How To Connect JBL Headphone To Your Device
To pair JBL headphones with your iPhone, you’ll first need to put your headphones into pairing mode, then enable your iPhone’ s Bluetooth and within range.
Steps to put your headphones in pairing mode:
- Push the Power button upward to switch it on.
- If this is the first time turning on your headphones, you’ll hear a faint sound similar to a piano note played twice. This indicates your headphones are in pairing mode, and the blue and white power light will begin flashing.
- Push the Bluetooth button at the bottom of the right ear cover to turn it on and you’ll hear the same keynote sound.
To get your iPhone ready for JBL pairing:
- Click and Settings.
- Tap Bluetooth, then the iPhone will scan for available devices to connect to.
- The name of your JBL headphone should eventually appear; tap to pair.
- If you are asked for a password, enter the default code to 0000. If this isn’t accepted, check your JBL headphones’ User Manual to see if the password code is stated differently.
- Once connected, you’ll hear a different keynote sound and a prompt that the headphones are now successfully connected to your iPhone.
Here is how to pair JBL headphones and earbuds using Bluetooth:
- Tap the Settings icon on your iPad.
- Go to General > Bluetooth, tap to switch it on.
- On your JBL headphones, press and hold the power button for 2-3 seconds to enable pairing mode followed by a blinking blue LED on the speaker when pairing mode is turned on.
- You should see your headphones’s name on the device list, tap to pair and connect.
- Once connected, you’ll see a flashing blue light on the headphones.
Laptop or Computer
Unlike iOS and Android devices, activating Bluetooth on a laptop or computer can go differently. Read more and we’ll help you carefully go through JBL earbuds Bluetooth pairing to your computer or laptop.
- Ensure your JBL earbuds are on pairing mode with the Bluetooth button on. Press and hold the center button for 5 seconds to turn them off momentarily. Press it again to switch it back on. You’ll see a blinking blue light when they are pairing.
- Go to Devices > Bluetooth & Other Devices, tap to enable Bluetooth.
- Your JBL headphones should appear, then tap to select to connect to your laptop or computer.
Same as above instruction goes in JBL pairing to a MacBook or iMac. Turn on Bluetooth on both your MacBook and headphones within range.
- Press the Power button upward to turn it on.
- If this is the first time turning on your headphones, a fading piano note sound will be played twice along with the blinking blue light which indicates your earbuds are now ready for pairing.
- Push the Bluetooth button found at the bottom of the right ear cover to enable it, and you’ll hear the same sound.
To connect your headphones to MacBook, read the following steps:
- To access the main menu, click on the Apple logo at the top left of your screen.
- Click System Preferences, then Bluetooth.
- Look for the name of your JBL headphones on the screen, and click on the “Connect” button for pairing.
- If you are asked for a password, type 0000. If the code is incorrect, check the manual to see what the password is set for your JBL headphones.
- Once your password is accepted your headphones should appear as connected.
JBL headphones are one of the most amazing choices in terms of audio quality, and owning a good pair of JBL Bluetooth Wireless Headphones adds optimum quality and of course, experience. For JBL headphones pairing to your Smart TV, please read the steps below.
There are a couple of ways to connect JBL earbuds or headphones. Also check your manual if your Smart TV has built-in Bluetooth capability at all. If it doesn’t, we still have you covered.
Smart TVs With Bluetooth Connectivity:
- Enable your JBL earbuds or headphones into pairing mode. You may also want to use your User Manual on this so keep it handy.
- As soon as you turn on the power on your headphones, press and hold the Bluetooth button for 5 seconds,and wait for the familiar piano note sound to put them into pairing mode.
- Now go into your TV’s Settings, and search for the Bluetooth menu. Click and select your JBL headphones or earbuds to pair and connect.
- Adjust volume using your TV’s remote control.
For Smart TVs without Bluetooth connectivity, using a Bluetooth multi-device audio adapter can help.
Connect JBL earbuds to your Apple Watch using the following steps:
- On your Apple Watch, tap Settings > Bluetooth to scan for available nearby accessories and devices.
- Select your Bluetooth accessory and enter a PIN or passcode.
- Next, go to Settings, followed by going to Bluetooth for options.
- Tap Bluetooth to scan for compatible devices
- Once you see your headphones simply click on them to pair.
A gaming console such as the Xbox One doesn’t have Bluetooth functionality. You won’t be able to connect your headset to the console using Bluetooth.
This next step is to help you on JBL earbuds pairing with a gaming console. Read on to know more.
- First, you will need to use an adapter or a compatible audio cable.
- Look for the audio output on your gaming console. This is normally equipped with digital audio output or a 3.5mm audio jack.
- Connect one end of the audio cable to the audio output on the gaming console and the cable should fit seamlessly into the jack.
- Connect the other end of the audio cable to the input on your JBL headphones.
- Turn on your JBL headphones and set them to their proper input mode. This may be labeled as “Line In” or “AUX”.
- To test if your headphones have been successfully connected, play a video or a game to hear if the sound goes through your JBL headphones very well.
Note: If your gaming console does not have a 3.5mm audio output, you may need to use a digital audio adapter. These adapters usually come with instructions for connecting them to your gaming console and headphones.
How To Pair JBL Earbuds
If you’re wondering how to Pair JBL earbuds, pairing and connecting them to any device or accessory is exactly the same as you would with over-ear headphones.
Simply follow the steps above to enable the Bluetooth pairing mode and scan for the JBL wireless headphones to connect.
JBL makes some of the best speakers, headphones and earbuds, but pairing them can be quite a feat and will leave you wondering what could be wrong.
Sometimes JBL earbuds or headphones will still not show up on the list of Bluetooth devices after pressing the button to put it into pairing mode. You’ll need to reset your headphones or earbuds back to their default settings so you can start over again.
Below are some of the most common and known wireless issues encountered by users owning JBL headphones:
- Right or left (sometimes both) transmitter in the earbuds or headphones doesn’t produce sound
- Wireless connectivity issues
- Internment cuts in the audio
- Static noise
- No Power
- Loose headphone jack (for wired headphones)
Fortunately, most of these problems are easily corrected and can be found on most models of JBL headphones.
If you are still having trouble, try restarting your device and/or the headphones.
If none of these steps help, you may need to consult the user manual for your headphones or contact JBL customer support for further assistance.
Why are my JBL headphones not connecting or pairing?
Probably the most common reason is that they are not in pairing mode. Proximity is important, so ensure you both have your headphones and chosen device within range.
Why is only one side of my headphones working?
If you only hear audio from either side of your headphones, check if the audio source has stereo output capability.
Note that a mono device will only produce sound to the unaffected side. Mono devices have an output jack labeled Earphone, while an output jack labeled Headphone will be stereo.
So, before you attempt to repair your earbuds or headphones or throw them away, it usually pays to carefully examine the actual source of the issue firsthand.
Next are some simple solutions that’ll help you figure out if your laptop, PC, or phone has issues listed next:
- Check both the headphones and device settings
- Restart your device
- Clean the headphone jack
- Update device drivers and software
If any of these doesn’t work then it’s time to contact JBL for further information and instructions.
Read More: JBL Flip 4 Not Charging: How to Fix It
JBL is a well-known brand that manufactures a great many selection of headphones and earbuds for various needs and preferences.
Ranging from wired over-ear headphones, earbuds to gaming headphones, the brand has designed to give users an immersive audio experience. Made comfortable for different uses, JBL headphones and earbuds offer plenty of features such as noise canceling surround sound, and a microphone for online gaming.
1. How do I reset my JBL headphones?
There are a few steps you can try to reset your JBL headphones:
- Disconnect the headphones from any devices they are connected to.
- Turn the headphones off.
- Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds.
- Release the power button and wait for the headphones to turn off.
- Turn the headphones on again by pressing the power button.
If these steps prove to be unsuccessful you may need to read the user manual for your specific model of JBL headphones or contact JBL customer support for further assistance.
2. How do I disconnect JBL headphones?
You can do this through the Bluetooth settings menu. Press and hold the ‘Volume +’ and ‘Volume –’ buttons for about 5 seconds. The LED indicator light will begin to blink. This means that the Bluetooth pairing settings have been reset.
3. Why are my JBL headphones flashing a blue and white light?
The flashing blue and white light on your JBL headphones could indicate that the headphones are in pairing mode. This means that the headphones are trying to connect to a device, such as a smartphone or computer, via Bluetooth.