Kenwood radios are high-quality entertainment tools for your vehicle. But due to its security features, they can get locked for several reasons.
Have you locked your Kenwood radio? If yes, you can easily use a remote to unlock the device. However, if the controller goes missing or faulty, you might have to find other ways to open the receiver.
As expected, there are easy ways to perform this task without using the controller. In this article, you can find these tips and use them to work on different Kenwood radio models.
Luckily, these hacks do not involve much work. So if you want to know how to unlock a Kenwood radio without a controller, let’s get started.
How to Unlock a Kenwood Radio without Remote
Kenwood radios have features that can lock them and protect them. Because of this option, you will have to type in a code on the device before using it. Now here are several ways that you can unlock your Kenwood radio without using a remote control button.
1. Unlock the Kenwood KDC MP238 Radio via Default Code
The Kenwood KDC MP238 is a Car CD/Mp3 player. To guard against theft, this device requires a code before it offers full access to the user. If you want to unlock this device without a remote, try the following steps:-
- Turn on the radio and wait for the Enter Code prompt
- Press the Up button ( on the stereo) to enter the first number of your code or the default code (3051).
- Press the Right button to move to the next space. Then hit the Up button to enter a new figure. Repeat this pattern until you reach the last figure.
- When you get to the last number, hold the Up button for a few seconds.
- Wait for “Approved” to show on the radio’s screen before removing your finger
2. Unlock the Kenwood Multimedia with a Desktop App
Kenwood multimedia system consists of tools that can aid travel or entertain the occupants of the vehicle. With this in mind, you can find an HD radio tuner on this Kenwood product. If the system becomes locked, you can use a simple desktop app to open it.
- Hold the finger at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Wait for a blue dialog box with the serial and security code service inquiry number.
- Open the SD Car Master Pro app on your computer
- Click on the Calculator button and select Kenwood calculator
- Enter the serial and security code number into the provided spaces
- Scroll downwards and hit Calculate
- Write down the result on a piece of paper ( the result is the correct password)
- Type the figures on the keypad of the Kenwood multimedia system. If your result from the calculator is 3246789, type 3246789 on the multimedia keypad
- Hit Enter to open the system and go to the radio.
3. How to Use the Reset Button to Unlock the Kenwood Radio
If you are looking for another way to unlock your Kenwood radio, you might try the Reset button at the back of the radio. You can start by getting a pointed tool to push the button. Then allow the Kenwood radio to restart.
4. Contact the Service Centre
If you have lost your remote, it would help if you talked to the Kenwood customer service center. After all, this location offers a wealth of information for solving various Kenwood radio problems. To get the best advice for your model, provide the center with the correct model number and other details.
5. Visit a Local Professional
A trip to a local automotive audio installation center can help with your locked Kenwood radio. When it comes down to it, such places have experts that can deal with the most protected Kenwood tuners.
Can I Try Wrong Codes On My Locked Kenwood Radio?
No, do not input multiple wrong codes on a locked Kenwood radio. When you enter these values, the system removes the prompt thereby stopping the user from typing more codes.
How Can I Get the Right Codes to Unlock My Kenwood Radio?
If you bought a used car, you might end up with a locked Kenwood radio. Since most sellers forget to unlock their radios or provide the codes, you will have to find the right security codes.
You can start by checking the owner’s manual of the vehicle. If you can’t find a manual, look around the radio for any scratched or taped numbers.
Are there Common Codes that Can Unlock My Kenwood Radio?
Even if you have a remote for your radio, it cannot open the device without using the right codes. If you don’t know the password for your Kenwood radio, you can try the following codes.
This code is popular with most Kenwood users. So if you want to unlock the Kenwood radio of a used car, these numbers might save the day.
This code can be found on any Kenwood radio manual. With this in mind, it stands as a default password for most Kenwood car radios.
If your Kenwood model supports letters, you can try this code. After all, this set of letters serve as a “backdoor” for unlocking most Kenwood car radios.
Why Does My Kenwood Radio Become Locked?
Kenwood receivers become locked to protect them from theft. So if these devices get stolen, the thief cannot access the device without using the four-figure code.
It is normal for a Kenwood radio to get locked. But if you don’t have a remote, unlocking it might be tedious. With this in mind, it would be easier if you got a compatible remote.
You can find a replacement on most offline and online stores. Besides, they are affordable while offering great features.
If you don’t want to get a new remote, you might reset the car radio or type in default codes to the device. Furthermore, you can also get “unlocking” advice from a customer center.