In many homes and businesses, the LG Tromm Dryer is an important tool for handling laundry. Asides from offering many features, this product provides enough heat for different fabrics.
Although this product is well-designed, it tends to have a few issues According to some of its users, this device might not heat up as expected. Because of this problem, the fabrics will remain wet.
Do you own an LG Tromm Dryer? Have you any heating issues with this product? If your answer to these questions is “yes”, then you can use this article as a guide to get things fixed.
LG Tromm Dryer Not Heating: Possible DIY Fixes
Here are some of the top ways that you can fix a non-heating Tromm dryer. But before using the following tips, we advise that you check the manual for additional advice.
1. Look at the Power
Before heading to the repair store, make sure the device is properly inserted into a wall outlet. Also, make sure that the outlet works perfectly. If the power source is bad, then the heater will not work as expected.
2. Do a Reset
If your LG Tromm dryer acts weird, it should be time to perform a reset. When it comes down to it, this hack helps restore the original settings of the dryer. On top of that, it can even make the dryer heat better than expected.
To use this method:
- Switch of the Tromm dryer
- Unplug the dryer from the electrical outlet
- Hold the Start / Pause button for 5 seconds
- Replug the dryer into a power outlet and switch it on.
3. Take Out the Lint
As you use the LG Tromm Dryer, it collects lint and other debris. If the mess becomes too much, the dryer will not heat your fabric properly. Besides, the lint can cause serious damage to the dryer.
To get started, clean out any debris that might have clogged the filter. Then allow the machine to run in a normal cycle and check where it’s vented and remove the extra blockage. For the best results, it is advised that you use a professional task to perform this task.
4. Change the Heating Element
Supposing you have a bad element, there is a high chance that your LG Tromm dryer might not heat perfectly. For this reason, it is advised that you remove the faulty component and install a new one.
If you have some DIY experience, you can use the following steps to solve the problem. However, we strongly advise that you seek the help of a professional to perform this hack.
- Disconnect the power from the dryer
- Head to the back of the dryer and take out the three bolts at the top
- Remove the upper part of the dryer
- Head to the front of the dryer. Then unscrew the bolts that hold the control panel of the dryer.
- Disconnect the wire with the plugs from the light
- Unscrew the four bolts from the front of the dryer
- Open the door of the dryer and take out both bolts between the labels. Then take out the door.
- Remove the four bolts from the front of the drum
- Disconnect the sensor from the plastic cover
- Remove the plastic cover from the sensor
- Take out the belt from the drum
- Remove the drum from the dryer
- Remove the wires and screws connected to the heating element. Then take out the element from the dryer.
- Install the new element into the dryer
- Reassemble the dryer and connect it to a power source. Then check if the dryer hears up well by touching its surface.
5. Reach Out to the LG Customer Service
With the LG Customer Service, you can solve any heating issue on your Tromm Dryer. Asides from scheduling repairs, this platform provides the best tips for using this LG product. You can reach this service via email or telephone.