You will notice a lot of Magnavox Universal Remote Codes available for several devices. But, while programming a specific device, you must use its particular codes. And there are two popular methods used to program it. They are:
- Code Search Method.
- Manually Entering Remote Codes.
A universal remote might potentially control any device with an IR receiver. Universal remote controls are widely used for a variety of devices. People now prefer using them to control multiple devices instead of using separate remotes.
This is where the Magnavox Universal Remote comes into play. But, before using them for your specific devices, you must program them. This article will discuss how to program a Magnavox Universal Remote, its codes, and several other essential aspects.
About Magnavox Universal Remote
Magnavox Universal Remote is an extremely well-known and well-liked remote. Once it has been configured, the Magnavox Universal Remote Control will work with your devices. Even though it can be done relatively easily, configuring this remote would take hours to finish. The following list highlights some of its noteworthy advantages.
- It can handle up to 4 different kinds of devices at one time.
- There are specific keys for menu navigation.
- It has a vast code library and is compatible with most well-known brands.
- When replacing batteries, it can memorize the codes.
- For a simple setup, a handbook and code library is included.
- DC operation using two AAA batteries.
How To Program A Magnavox Universal Remote
The Magnavox is a widely used universal remote control that is relatively simple to program. In addition to being ideal for most household systems, it is also quite useful and simple. There are two approaches you may use while programming it. They are:
- Code Search Method.
- Manually Entering Remote Codes.
Configuring using the “Code Search Method.”
This approach can be used to program a universal remote control if you don’t know the individual codes for your gadgets. Follow these instructions step by step to finish the process successfully.
- Step 1: Switch on your specific system as you get ready to use the remote. To make the operation go well, make sure fresh batteries are installed. And make sure that any other nearby entertainment devices are not in use.
- Step 2: Now, press the TV/DVD/VCR and SELECT buttons on the remote control until the LED indicator turns on. For example, push TV and SEL if you’re configuring it for a TV; DVD and SEL if you’re configuring it for a DVD player.
- Step 3: To start the code search mode, immediately push the power button.
- Step 4: Afterward, press the CH+ or CH- keys until the device changes channels. After every push, you must wait a short while.
- Step 5: Your remote has identified the right code when the gadget switches channels or shuts off. To store the information and complete remote control programming, push the corresponding device key at this point.
Configuring using “Manual Codes Entry Method.”
You will require specific codes to finish this operation properly. This code can be obtained online or in your remote control user manual. For compatibility, choose a code according to the brand of your device. Take the actions listed below to program your remote.
- Step 1: Prepare your remote and switch on your specific system. For a smooth procedure, ensure that fresh batteries are installed.
- Step 2: Push and hold the Power and SEL keys on the remote control simultaneously for a few seconds until the light turns on. The remote’s lighting button indicates it is turned on and prepared to configure the television.
- Step 3: The little light should blink four times if the procedure was done correctly. After that, you will be prompted to enter the codes. Use the numeric keys on your remote to enter the codes. Verify that the code is matched the brand of your gadget. Once you enter the right code, the light will turn off. If not, attempt a different code.
- Step 4: Now, you have to check it to ensure whether it works properly or not. Here at first, you have to switch off your gadget. After turning it back on, try a few remote keys, including the channel and volume buttons. You’ll need to go through the process again and choose a different number from the previous list if any buttons don’t respond to the commands.
List Of Some Well-known Brand And Their Magnavox Universal Remote Codes
In the process of programming a remote, you must input the appropriate Magnavox universal remote’s four digits codes (some devices require a three or five-digit code). This will allow you to establish the correct frequency for the receiver of your device. There are many of them; however, to assist you, the following are several of the most widely used Magnavox remote codes:
Magnavox TV Universal Remote Codes
- Samsung: 0102, 0132, 0033, 0034, 0095, 0031, 0032, 0038, 0047
- LG: 0103, 0026, 0027, 0122, 0017, 0021, 0124, 0038
- Sony: 0101, 0043, 0030, 0029
- Philips: 0110, 0115, 0123, 0018, 0019, 0077, 0086
- Panasonic: 0007, 0053, 0105, 0106, 0109, 0126
- Toshiba: 0108, 0125, 0132, 0090, 0092, 0053
- Viewsonic: 0116, 0093, 0046, 0076, 0096, 0008, 0062, 0054, 0058, 0066, 0068
- RCA: 0121, 0003, 0005, 0122, 0083, 0022, 0126, 0129, 0028, 0100, 0041
All In One Magnavox TV codes:
- 1004, 2000, 1060, 1056, 3211, 1414, 0022, 0082, 0044, 0047, 1050, 1081.
- 1358, 1372, 1414, 1329.
Codes for Soundbar:
Magnavox DVD Codes:
- 2321, 0513, 2245, 2327, 2089, 2002, 2018, 2237 0522, 2293, 0407, 0525, 0427, 2318, 2320, 0452, 0454, 2241.
Magnavox VCR Code:
- 321, 3036, 3152, 3183, 3206.
Magnavox Cable Box Codes:
- 2004, 2010, 2002, 2008, 20018, 1014, 2048.
List Of Devices Where You Can Use Magnavox Universal Remote
These are the most popular gadgets where you can use Magnavox Universal Remote.
- CD, DVD, and Blu-ray players.
- Receivers for home theater systems.
- Satellite and cable boxes
- Gaming consoles.
- Streaming equipment.
Finally, you can also configure a Phillips Magnavox universal remote using the instructions mentioned above. There might be a few minor problems causing your Magnavox universal remote control to stop operating. Such as a dead or malfunctioning battery, objects that block the IR from reaching the gadget, etc.
To confirm that the batteries are properly installed, check the remote’s battery compartment. Additionally, be careful to clear the area of all obstructions and position the remote near the appliance you want to configure.