Xfinity is a fast-rising electronics brand. Although it’s not yet popular, the brand has a good number of top-quality TVs to its credit. If you’re using an Xfinity TV, you’d probably agree that it’s worth its price.
However, only a few things can be cumbersome than having to operate or control your Xfinity TV without using its remote control. So, if your remote control picks up a fault or suddenly stops working, your best bet is to fix it as soon as possible.
In this article, we’d be looking at how to troubleshoot your Xfinity TV remote control to get it working again.
Xfinity TV Remote Not Working: How to Troubleshoot
Here is what to do if your Xfinity TV remote is not working:
- Press any button on the remote.
- Observe the infrared light, if the LED does not flash at all, then you will need to change the batteries and try again.
- However, if the infrared LED flashes red five times on pressing any button, then it is an indication that the batteries are very low and should be replaced.
Make sure to clean the battery space so that there is no leakage fluid from the previous battery because such fluids could ruin new batteries.
Troubleshooting software lag for remote model XR11
Xfinity TVs are smart TVs and could experience software lags. The solutions vary slightly because of the differences in Xfinity TV models and remotes.
If the buttons on your Voice Remote (model XR11) are still unresponsive after cleaning and replacing batteries, then it is clear that the battery discharge is not the problem, but the software lag.
Here is how to fix a software lag for the Xfinity TV remote model XR11. Factory-reset the Xfinity Voice Remote XR11 model with the Setup button on the remote device.
- Press the Setup button until the infrared light at the top of the remote changes color from red to green.
- Then press 9-8-1.
- Observe that the infrared LED will blink green twice to indicate that the remote had been reset.
- The factory reset unpairs your Xfinity TV remote and Xfinity TV box. The implication is that you need to re-pair the TV remote and TV box again.
If you have difficulty pairing the devices, then read the instruction manual for instructions on pairing your Xfinity remote and TV box.
If the device still fails to work, then you must contact the Xfinity TV customer service for technical assistance.
Troubleshooting Software Lag for remote model XR15
Like in the Xfinity TV XR11 remote control model, you have to activate the factory remote setting to fix the software lag. The process for the Xfinity TV XR15 remote model is different from the Xfinity TV XR11 remote model.
Here’s how to fix the Xfinity TV XR15 remote model:
- Press and hold the A (triangle) and D (diamond) buttons at the same time for three seconds until the status light changes from red to green. (This is the main difference between the XR11 remote model and the XR15 remote model)
- Then press 9-8-1, the infrared light will blink blue three times to indicate that the remote has been reset.
As always, the factory reset unpairs your remote control device and TV box, so you’ll need to re-pair them. Do not forget to follow the Xfinity TV manual’s instructions for pairing guidance.
If the remote still fails to work, contact the Xfinity TV customer service for technical assistance.
We didn’t omit the inactive sensor which could be as a result of the infrared LED not showing, or the TV not responding. After changing the batteries, and unplugging and restarting the Xfinity TV and the problem persists, contact the support center for technical help.
Also, different Xfinity TV remote models can work with different Xfinity TV boxes depending on the number of TV boxes the remote is paired or connected to.