Since its launch, the Apple Watch has become a favorite amongst many users. After all, this accessory is loaded with features for connecting you with your iOS device.
Although the watch has its benefits, it comes with a slight issue. According to some of its users, the device might restart unexpectedly. As a result, they end up getting frustrated with using the watch.
Do you have such issues with your Apple watch? If yes, then you can go through our article and find the right steps for fixing this problem.
Apple Watch Keeps Restarting? Try These Fixes
Now here are some of the best ways to stop your Apple watch from restarting.
1. Delete the Apps
Third-party apps might be fun. However, they can be the source of your restart problem. For this reason, it is advised that you remove such apps from your watch.
To get started, use the Apple Watch logs to track down the offending app. After finding the software, uninstall it and see if the “restart problem” has ended. If you don’t know how to use the logs, head to Settings -> Privacy -> Analytics -> Analytics Data -> Watch Extension.
2. Unpair Your Watch
Supposing your Apple watch still restarts, then it might be time to unpair your Apple Watch. Then reconnect the Apple Watch with your iPhone.
If you want to use this method to fix your Apple Watch, follow these steps:
To unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone:
- Place both devices close to each other
- Launch the Apple Watch app on your iPhone
- Scroll to My Watch and click on All Watches
- Hit the info button on the watch that you want to unpair
- Hit Unpair Apple Watch
To pair it back:
- Switch on the Apple Watch
- Place the Apple watch beside the iPhone
- Check your iPhone for a “Use your iPhone to set up this Apple Watch” message. Then hit Continue
- Hold the iPhone over an animation on your Apple Watch
- Choose Restore from Backup
- Choose Update Now ( if offered)
- Read the Terms and Conditions. Then tap Agree
- Sign in your Apple ID into your Apple Watch
- Adjust the required settings
- Create a password on your iPhone and Apple Watch
- Install your preferred feature and apps
- Place the Apple Watch beside the iPhone. Then wait for the watch to produce a chime and a tap.
- Press the Digital Crown to end the sync process.
3. Reboot Your Device
A reboot can be the right tool for fixing your Apple Watch. Apart from restarting this accessory, you will also have to restart the phone itself. Unlike most of our hacks, this solution can be performed within a few seconds.
- Restart your iPhone by holding its side button or volume until the slider appears.
- Drag the slider and wait for 30 seconds for the phone to go off.
- Switch on the phone by holding the right button until the phone comes on.
- Get the Apple watch and hold the side and digital crown buttons for 10 seconds.
- Wait for the Apple logo (on the watch) to appear before releasing the buttons.
4. Repair the Watch
If your Apple Watch still has issues, then you should take it to a certified Apple store. After all, this center has the right hands for fixing an Apple Watch. If your phone is under warranty, you might not even pay for the service.