As a user, the Fitbit allows you to track your heart rate, sleep quality, calories, miles, and steps. Besides, the watch has an app that allows you to check such info quickly.
However, the Fitbit has a few issues. Sometimes, the watch tends to have Bluetooth issues thereby making it impossible to use the app. Luckily, there are various ways of solving this issue.
In this post, we will be showing you how to solve Fitbit Bluetooth problems. But before we get started, we suggest that you check the owner’s manual of the watch before using the following hacks
Fitbit Bluetooth Not Working: How to Fix
Now here are some of the best ways of dealing with a Fitbit that has Bluetooth issues. As expected, these ideas do not require any technical skills.
1. Restart The Watch
If your Fitbit Watch has issues, it would help if you performed a quick reset. But as there are various types of Fitbit watches, there are also different ways of performing this hack.
For instance, if you are using the Versa, Sense Iconic models:
- Press and hold the button for 10 seconds
- Wait for the logo to appear on the screen and release the button.
If you are using the Charge 5 and Luxe models:
- Swipe down the screen
- Click on the Settings app
- Hit Restart Device – Restart
As for other models, you might have to connect the device to a charging cable before performing a reset. To be sure, it would help if you checked the owner’s manual of your watch.
2. Restart Your Mobile Device
Restarting your Fitbit might be a great way to solve Bluetooth issues. But if it doesn’t work, it would help if you also rebooted your mobile device.
- Press and hold the Side button
- Wait for the Power Off Slider to appear
- Drag the slider and wait for the device to go off
For Andriod phones:
- Hold the Power and Volume Down Buttons
- Choose the Restart button
- Wait for the phone to reboot
3. Repeat the Bluetooth Pairing Process
Before your Fitbit can work properly, it would help if you unpaired it from the smartphone. Then attempt to reconnect both devices via Bluetooth.
If you are using an iPhone:
- Scroll to Settings – Bluetooth
- Scroll to the name of your Fitbit device
- Click on the Information Icon beside the watch
- Select Forget the Device
- Wait for a message to appear on your phone and select Allow.
- Launch the Fitbit App and set up the connection.
- Hit Pair to complete the process.
4. Update Your OS on Your Smartphone
As soon as your phone’s OS becomes outdated, it starts to have various issues. But if it gets updated, you can remove any bugs that might affect the pairing of both devices. As you perform an update, ensure that you have enough power and data.
If you want to update the iPhone OS:
- Click on Settings – General – Software Update
- Wait for the process to be completed
If you want to update the Andriod OS:
- Click on Settings – Software Update
- Wait for the process to be completed
5. Charge Your Fitbit
If your Fitbit becomes low, there is a high chance that the device will have Bluetooth issues. However, you can avoid this issue by topping up your Fitbit before connecting it to your preferred device. To get a proper charge, make sure the watch is well plugged into a working power outlet.
6. Switch on Location Services
As you set up your Fitbit watch, make sure you turn up the location services of your smartphone. When it comes down to it, this feature allows you to use the watch without any issues.
- Launch the Settings app on your mobile device
- Scroll to Location and enable the setting
7. Toggle the Bluetooth Settings
Sometimes the solution to your settings might be as simple as toggling the Bluetooth settings on your device. To use this hack,
- Switch off the Bluetooth of your device.
- Wait for a few moments
- Turn on the Bluetooth of your device
- Check if your device can sync with the Fitbit watch.
8. Call the Fitbit Support Service
If you are still having problems with your watch, it would help if you reached out to the Fitbit Support service. After all, this platform provides the best tips for using the Fitbit watch. On top of that, they might even offer repairs for any Fitbit hardware/software issues.
You can reach this service via telephone or email. Besides, you can also drop a complaint on their website and get a reply as soon as possible.