Asides from tracking your workouts, the Fitbit serves as a handy tool for checking your time. Although it has tells the time, it tends to have a few timekeeping issues. However, there are several ways of fixing this problem.
In this article, we will teach you how to fix your faulty Fitbit. On top of that, we will also be listing possible causes of this problem.
Fitbit Time Not Updating: DIY Fixes to Try
Are you having any timekeeping issues with your Fitbit? If yes, you can use the following tips to get things sorted out.
1. Change the Clock Face
Although clock faces can make your Fitbit trendy, they tend to disturb its timekeeping features. But if you swap your current watch face, the time might become accurate.
To swap the watch face on your Fitbit:-
- Place the watch close to the mobile device
- Open the Fitbit app
- Select Today Tap – Profile Picture – Device Image
- Select Gallery – Clocks
- Choose your preferred clock
- Select Install
2. Switch Off the Automatic Time Zone
Disabling the automatic time zone on your watch might improve its timekeeping abilities. But before you can get the desired results, it would help if you tried the following steps:-
For Android devices:
- Launch the Fitbit App
- Click on Today Tab – Your Profile Picture – App Settings
- Switch off the Automatic Time Zone option
- Choose Select Time Zone and Correct Time Zone
- Sync the Fitbit
For iOS devices:
- Launch the Fitbit app
- Click on Today Tab – Your Profile Picture – App Settings – Time Zone
- Disable the Set Automatically Option
- Tap Time Zone and select the correct time zone
- Sync your Fitbit device
3. Restart Your Device
Have you thought about restarting your device? If not, then it might be time to use this hack to fix your device.
- For the Versa, Sense Iconic models:-
- Press and hold the button for 10 seconds
- Wait for the logo to appear on the screen and release the button
If you are using the Charge 5 and Luxe models :
- Swipe down the screen
- Click on the Settings app
- Hit Restart Device – Restart
4. Leave the Watch
According to some Fitbit users on Reddit, leaving the watch for a few days might make things better. Although it sounds weird, they claim that this hack works.
5. Reboot Your Mobile Device
Asides from rebooting your Fitbit, you should also reboot your smartphone. After all, this activity helps update the time on your Fitbit. If you are don’t know the right steps for rebooting your device, check its owner’s manual.
6. Uninstall and Reinstall the Fitbit app
As soon as your Versa Fitbit starts to act weird, it would help if you uninstalled the Fitbit app from your mobile. Then reinstall the app and make sure you are using the latest version.
- Unpair your mobile device from the Bluetooth of your phone
- Remove the Fitbit mobile app from your device
- Reboot your phone and install the Fitbit mobile app
- Restart the Versa
- Login to the Fitbit app
- Follow the onscreen instructions and sync the device
7. Reach Out to Fitbit Customer Service
If you are still having issues with your Fitbit, it would help if you talked to Fitbit Technical Support. As with most customer service platforms, this service promises the best hands for fixing your Fitbit watch. On top of that, it also provides some tips on how to update your watch.
You can reach this service via mail or telephone. Besides, you can even drop a complaint on the Fitbit community page.