Using a Fitbit for your workouts serves as a good idea. When used, the watch provides notifications for alerts, missed calls, and other info.
However, the Fitbit is not perfect. Sometimes, the required notifications might not appear on the screen. As a result, you might miss out on all this important data.
Luckily, there are many ways of fixing a Fitbit without visiting a technician. If you go through this article, you should find these ideas and use them for your Fitbit device.
Fitbit Notification Not Working: DIY Fixes
Here are some tips that should help a Fitbit with notification issues. But before using our advice, we suggest that you check the owner’s manual of your watch.
1. Restart Your Device
As soon as you notice any notification issues, it would help if you tried to restart your Fitbit watch. But before this hack can work, try using the following steps:
For resetting the Versa, Sense, and Iconic models:
- Press and hold the button for 10 seconds
- Wait for the logo to appear on the screen and release the button.
For restoring the Charge 5 and Luxe models:
- Swipe down the screen
- Click on the Settings app
- Hit Restart Device – Restart
2. Restart Your Device and Bluetooth
Are you still having notification issues with your Fitbit device? If yes, then it might be time to restart your watch and the paired mobile device. To use this solution:-
- Restart your Fitbit watch
- Get your mobile device and click Settings – Bluetooth
- Switch off the Bluetooth and wait for 10 seconds
- Switch on the Bluetooth
- Restart your mobile device
3. Clear the Data
Before taking the Fitbit for repairs, try clearing the data for the Fitbit mobile app.
- For Andriod mobile phones:-
- Click on Settings – Apps
- Click on Fitbit
- Click on Clear Data / Storage
4. Use the Developer Settings
If your Fitbit Versa does not still display any notifications, you might have to play around with some advanced settings. Although it looks technical, the following steps should make things easier especially when paired with the Redmi Note 5
- Switch on your Redmi phone
- Click on Settings – Manage Apps Battey Usage – Choose Apps – Select Fitbit
- Select No Restrictions
- Go back to Settings – Permissions – Autostart – Choose Fitbit – Toggle ON
- Go back to Settings – App Notifications – Choose Fit – Switch on Priority
- Lock the Fitbit app in the recent apps/apps overview plane
- Go back to Settings and scroll to the MIUI tab. Hit the tab eight times until you see a ” Now you are developer” message
- Go back to Settings – Developer Option – Turn OFF Memory Optimisation
5. Turn off the Silent Option
Setting your notification to Silent might be ideal for a quiet nap. However, this option will stop the notifications from reaching your Fitbit. If you do not know how to deactivate this setting, you should check the owner’s manual of your device.
6. Maintain the Right Distance
As you use your Fitbit, make sure you stay within range of your smartphone. For the best results, maintain a maximum distance of 30 meters. Then make sure all the notifications are turned on.
7. Move the Fitbit App to Phone Memory
According to some users, switching the location of the installed Fitbit app can solve any notification issues. But instead of leaving the app on a memory card, move it to the internal memory on your device.
8. Contact the Fitbit Support Centre
Thanks to the Fitbit Support Centre, you can make any complaints about the Fitbit tracker. On top of that, the service offers tips or repairs for dealing with any notification problems. You can reach this service via email or phone call.
Why are my Fitbit notifications not showing up on my phone?
This could be due to several reasons, such as:
- The Fitbit app is not running in the background on your phone.
- You have turned off notification permissions for the Fitbit app on your phone.
- Your phone’s battery optimization feature is preventing the Fitbit app from functioning properly.
- There is a connectivity issue between your Fitbit device and your phone.
- Your Fitbit device’s firmware is out of date.
How can I troubleshoot Fitbit notification issues?
Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot Fitbit notification issues:
- Make sure the Fitbit app is running in the background on your phone.
- Check the notification permissions for the Fitbit app on your phone and make sure they are turned on.
- Make sure your phone’s battery optimization feature is not preventing the Fitbit app from functioning properly.
- Check the connectivity between your Fitbit device and your phone.
- Check if there is an update available for your Fitbit device’s firmware and install it if necessary.
Can I customize the notifications I receive on my Fitbit device?
Yes, you can customize the notifications you receive on your Fitbit device.
You can do this through the Fitbit app on your phone by going to the “Notifications” settings and selecting which app notifications you want to receive on your Fitbit device.
You can also customize the notification settings for each app individually through the app’s own settings on your phone.
Can I turn off notifications on my Fitbit device?
Yes, you can turn off notifications on your Fitbit device.
You can do this through the Fitbit app on your phone by going to the “Notifications” settings and turning off the toggle switch for “Notifications.”
You can also turn off notifications for specific apps by going to the app’s notification settings in the Fitbit app.
Can I receive phone calls and text messages on my Fitbit device?
Some Fitbit devices, such as the Fitbit Versa and Fitbit Ionic, have the ability to receive phone calls and text messages directly on the device. To receive these notifications, you will need to enable the feature in the Fitbit app and make sure your Fitbit device is connected to your phone through Bluetooth.